Save Time- Do It On-line
Did you know you can book your appointment on-line? To sign up please pop into the practice with photo ID
Ring our main switchboard number on 01548 853 551 to book a face-to-face or telephone consultation appointment at our practice.
- The receptionist will request your name, contact number if booking a telephone appointment and a brief outline of your problem. This is done at the Doctors request to make sure you receive right care at the right time. (If you feel uncomfortable with this, you can say 'it's personal').
- If your own GP who, knows you best is not in you will be advised when they are next in, or you can talk to another doctor if you wish.
- If you book a telephone appointment the doctor will call you back and together you will discuss your problem over the telephone. Please note that call backs are made within a 2 hours slot. For example if you book a telephone appointment at 08.45, the Doctor will call back between 08.45-10.45.
- If you book a face to face consultation, the receptionist will give you a date and time to attend.
- Please help by making the right appointment choice, many issues such as referrals, test results and letters can be dealt with over the phone, thus leaving face-to-face appointments free for those that need an examination.
Nurses based in our practice treat patients for a wide range of common conditions. You can expect to see a nurse within one working day. All nurse, health care assistant and phlebotomy appointments are booked by ringing the surgery.
You can help us by:-
- Telling us if you are in a telephone box. Say immediately if your call is an emergency.
- Letting us know if more than one person in the family needs to be seen.
- Telling us if you want someone to accompany you during an examination or if you want a private room to discuss any matters. Remember that the results of tests can only be given to the patient.
- Being on time for your appointments.
- Letting us know if you need to cancel.
- Calling before 10:00 for a home visit or urgent appointment and before 10:30 for a telephone appointment request so that it can help the practice plan the day.
- Ringing for the results of tests after 14:00.
Important information about booking appointments online
You can now book both face to face and telephone GP consultations online. Please be mindful when selecting your GP appointment that both telephone and face to face consultations will be displayed.
When you book a GP telephone consultation appointment the GP will ring you back on the day you have requested. It is extremely important to leave a contact number when booking this. Your contact number should be added where you see the section "Reason-optional". It is also helpful for the doctor if you give a brief reason for the telephone consultation appointment.
Nurse appointments are restricted to the following treatments:- dressings, removal of stitches, ear syringing, ECGs, blood pressure check, cervical smears. Other nursing procedures may need a certain specialist nurse so please telephone in the usual way for other nurse appointments.
Phlebotomy appointments are restricted to blood tests only (that have been requested by the doctor/nurse or that are on-going monitoring tests).
Patient Survey on Improved Access
A new service was launched nationally in October 2018 that has made improvements to the hours GP services are available. We are keen to find out people’s views on these hours and if they are in the most appropriate locations. Please click the link to find out more and complete the survey.